Saul Martinez is an independent freelance photographer and videographer based in South Florida. He specializes in documentary, portrait, editorial and news photography.
Saul’s vision and approach to his work flow allows him to document life in a creative, intimate, storytelling way through photographs. He has been working in Florida since 2017, for numerous publications. (listed below)
Before shifting over to freelance work, he was based in Central America since 2009 as a staff wire photographer for EFE and Reuters news agencies for ten years out of Guatemala City, Guatemala.
Briarcliffe College in Long Island, NY where he graduated with a degree in Digital Photography and also attended Photojournalism courses at the International Center of Photography (ICP) in New York City.
- Art is Healing: Teaching photography to "The Brave Hearts" veterans of war at The Armory Art Center in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Selected for XXVIII Eddie Adams Workshop in New York.
- Screening of "Guatemala, The Other War" at Visa pour l'Image 2016 in Perpignan, France.
- Staff Photographer for Reuters International News Agency based in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Selected for the Fourth Annual New York Portfolio Review sponsored by the New York Times Lens blog, March 2019.
- "Guatemala, The Other War" at Visa pour l'Image 2016 in Perpignan, France.
- Selected for the Second Annual New York Portfolio Review sponsored by the New York Times Lens blog, April 2016.
- Third Place in the "Conflict" category in the Moscow International Photography Awards (MIFA) 2015
- The Guardian UK - Best of Latin American Photography 2015
- Exhibits in Everyday Guatemala at the Guate Photo Festival.